Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Still Here...Promise

I know it's been a while since I last blogged, and I feel terrible about it, especially since there are so many things going on that I want to talk about. Where to start. First off, I started my new job at a Dot Com, and things are going pretty well so far. The office is predominantly male, which leads me to believe my in-depth discussion of the Brett Favre Saga in my interview probably helped more than I thought. It's not the first time I've relied on the Packers as a conversation piece. About a year ago, I got stuck discussing the offensive line with a slew of cops in the subway station while they were giving me a ticket.

Cop 1: "Can I see your driver's license, m'am?"
(Me handing it over, pissed that I actually got caught trying to squeeze through the turnstyle with a friend)
Cop 2: "Wisconsin, heh?"
Cop 3: "You a Packers fan?"
Me: "Yeah."
Cop 2: "They have a pretty good offensive line, don't they?"
Me: "Yeah. They're really young."
(I refused to add any further commentary)
Cop 3: "What about Ryan Grant, he's pretty good."
Me: "Yeah, he is."
Cop 4: "Do you own a cheese hat?"
(I am officially insulted.)
Me: "ACTUALLY, it's common knowledge that people from Green Bay don't usually wear cheese hats. They're more popular with fans from Milwaukee and Chicago."
Cop 4: "Oh...Well, sorrr-y"

That's pretty much end of story. What would have been a very awkward 10 minutes of silence concluded by me getting slammed with a $60 city summons became an annoying (yet harmless) forum entailing idiot New Yorkers discuss a team they know nothing about. Telling off Cop 4 was totally worth the $60. Haha.

And on that note:
Have a great day~

No comments: